October 7, 2023
VELCRO VS. TEFLON
Why do we always remember the negative comment someone made rather than remembering all of the great comments said?
Our brains are hardwired for the dark side. It takes effort and work to create neural pathways that default to positive / good thoughts.
Here is an important truth: OUR THOUGHTS DETERMINE OUR FUTURE
When we have thoughts, our brain goes about finding “evidence” to solidify that thought.
So if we have positive thoughts, we look for evidence of light and beautiful things. If we think negative thoughts, our brain finds evidence of all that is wrong.
We are so wise to incorporate a gratitude practice that helps us HUNT THE GOOD in the world.
The key is to CALL OUT the good. Put words to it – either verbally or in writing.
This fall let’s make a commitment to train our brains.
MASTER YOUR MINDSET
If you want to work on your mindset, sign up for my free 7 day podcast challenge. Each day we will tackle a different area of mindset.
HERE ARE ALL 10 FALL IDEAS
- DAY 1: DÉCOR SWAPPING IN THE FALL
- DAY 2: FALL MEAL PLANNING
- DAY 3: A FALL TABLESCAPE
- DAY 4: RE-SETTING A MORNING ROUTINE IN THE FALL
- DAY 5: THE VERY BEST AMISH ZUCCHINI BREAD
- DAY 6: HARNESS FALL TO MAKE MEMORIES
- DAY 7: THE BEST ITALIAN SOUP RECIPE
- DAY 8: HUNT THE GOOD – PRACTICING GRATITUDE
- Day 9: OUR EASY FALL CANDY MIX
- Day 10: DECORATING YOUR FRONT PORCH FOR FALL