October 10, 2023
THE BEST FOR LAST
The best compliment anyone could EVER give me is for them to say they feel AT HOME in my home.
I want people to feel like they can come, be encouraged, receive nourishment in body & soul and relax in our space.
Since the front door is the first place people encounter, I want our front porch to say “Come inside – we’ve been waiting for you.”
While this doesn’t require elaborate decorations to create this, I simply think decorating our front porch for the holidays is SUPER FUN. So for me, it’s part of it.
SOME OF MY FRONT PORCH DECORATING TIPS
THINK IN ODDS
Think in odds (threes, fives or ones) – you’ll notice I have 3 mums, 3 lanterns in a cluster, three pumpkins….. or I have one standing lamp stand, one large orange pumpkin, etc.
Vary heights – Here I’m using an old bench, a hay bale, the stairs and the standing lantern to create different platforms that are interesting to the eye.
Add textures – On the bench I have a fall blanket, the mums are in rattan baskets, the entry rug and the leaves add that layering affect and the hay bale also brings in an earthy element.
Most of all – HAVE FUN with your front porch. Why do we take things so seriously? Play with it and make it fun to YOU and your people.
HERE ARE ALL 10 FALL IDEAS
- DAY 1: DÉCOR SWAPPING IN THE FALL
- DAY 2: FALL MEAL PLANNING
- DAY 3: A FALL TABLESCAPE
- DAY 4: RE-SETTING A MORNING ROUTINE IN THE FALL
- DAY 5: THE VERY BEST AMISH ZUCCHINI BREAD
- DAY 6: HARNESS FALL TO MAKE MEMORIES
- DAY 7: THE BEST ITALIAN SOUP RECIPE
- DAY 8: HUNT THE GOOD – PRACTICING GRATITUDE
- Day 9: OUR EASY FALL CANDY MIX
- Day 10: DECORATING YOUR FRONT PORCH FOR FALL