May 30, 2015
While I can’t say exactly what my most requested recipe is, this one, taken from my book Reclaiming Home, is right at the top. Unique, fresh, and surprising, this unconventional take on a rib sauce pleases both kids and adults alike.Print
Berry Ginger Carmelized Ribs
- 1 ¼ cups blackberries, huckleberries, or a mix of berries
- ¼ cup catsup
- ¼ cup honey
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 or 2 teaspoons hot sauce, to taste
- salt, to taste
- Whirl all in a blender until the berries are pureed.
- Pour into a 1 quart glass measuring cup. Cover loosely with a microwave-safe plastic wrap, leaving a vent for steam.
- Cook in a microwave oven at full power, stirring occasionally until berry mixture is reduced to 1 1/3 cups, about 8 minutes. Serve with anything barbecued.