November 23, 2015
Maybe you don’t like pumpkin pie. Or you want the kids to have a recipe they can make on their own. Or maybe you just need a midnight snack for a poker game with the teenagers on Thanksgiving.
The whipped cream, Heath bars, and caramel sauce make this a crowd pleaser for all ages!
Pumpkin Poke Cake
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 15 oz. pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp. pumpkin spice
- 1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups whipped cream
- 1 bag Heath bits
- Caramel Sauce
- Stir together the cake mix, pumpkin, and spices.
- Speed evenly into a 9×13 greased and floured pan.
- Bake at 350 for 30 min.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Poke holes in the cake with the handle of a wooden spoon.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk over the cake and fill the holes.
- Chill until cold.
- Put whipped cream on top and sprinkle with Heath bits. Drizzle caramel sauce over the top.
- Chill for 3-4 hours and serve!
Do I need to make the cake mix as directed or just add pumpkin purée and pumpkin spice then bake?
Hi Laura – Put all of the cake mix ingredients (including eggs, water, etc.) PLUS the pumpkin and pumpkin spice into a bowl and mix well. Then follow the rest of the directions. Hope you enjoy it!
Do you follow instructions on cake box with adding eggs etc
Hi Joyce – yes that is correct! Enjoy!