October 2, 2020
When we moved a few years ago I gave away about 50% of our things. It was total freedom. I didn’t even realize how much our stuff was weighing me down.
Moving forced me to go through every drawer, every box in the garage, and each item of clothing. I had to look at each item and ask if I really needed it. This is a great process, and one I should have done years before.
However, I still am not a minimalist.
I love my decorations for each holiday, and I have a few too many body washes, colors of lipstick, and curling irons. Plus, I like being prepared with all of the bandaids, Lysol wipes, and travel adapters that one could possibly need.
This is where organization comes in. There is no point in having stuff if we don’t remember where it is or that we even have it! I am resolved to only keep things in the house that we actually use.
Mantra: If we don’t use it, lose it!
I recently organized our closet and used the rattan bins from The Container Store listed below to corral all of the loose ends.
In the kitchen I use the drawer dividers, labels, and stackable bins. Oh and the water bottle and food container lid organizers (HALLELUJAH!)
The under cabinet organizer was for the bathroom, and the label maker I use all over the house.
You can see how I’m using these products on my Instagram stories.
Here are the most helpful products I recently used to organize our home:
While I’m loving all of these products, my absolute faves are:
- the black crates – I’m using them from the pantry to the garage to the car
- the white Container Store bins with wood lids for our main media counter area
- the stackable water bottle holder (I have four stacked) – I literally think every household needs this.
- the food storage container lid organizer – I LOVE this thing and am so proud when I open the drawer and my lids are organized (it really is the little things).
- the large Ball jars for my pantry shelves – I like these much better than plastic bins (just my preference).
- the chalk labels. I seriously put them on everything & it makes such a difference. I’m using these even over the label maker these days – I know, SHOCKER.
I hope you are inspired to get your home organized – it really does create such peace and harmony in the home!