December 31, 2020
For my son’s 15th birthday we organized a ski scavenger hunt on the mountain where we were skiing for the week at Schweitzer Mountain Resort in Sandpoint, Idaho.
I had my doubts about whether high school / college kids would get into it, but we ended up having the MOST FUN! It was a total win. It may have helped that we had cash prizes at the end too! The groups were randomly chosen out of a bowl. We put all of the kids together, and then had an adult team.
As it turned out, the adult team was a good move because I don’t think we could have moved as fast as they wanted us to all over the mountain. 🙂
The points were given on speed – who was back first – and also creativity. Each item had creativity bonus points that could be added to the total.
Here is how we organized the ski scavenger hunt:
- Choose the teams.
- Give out the scavenger hunt list and then give each team fifteen minutes to make their plan.
- Everyone get on their ski gear together and line up outside at a designated place.
- Reinforce the rules – ie. teams must stay together (be specific here – we ended up having some gray area on this).
- Do the countdown and have fun!
- When everyone is back, have them share their photos and videos on a big screen. We had so much fun watching everyone’s creativity. It was awesome and so funny.