November 12, 2022
A Fun Thanksgiving Game for the Family: THE BIGGEST
Those who play together stay together!
If you look at people across all ages and stages, playing together creates bonds that last. From toddlers to grandparents, this holds true.
But most of the time play doesn’t just happen for adults. We have to create it. Games are one of the best ways I know to do this. One of my life mantras is “a little bit of intention goes a very long way.” When someone puts in even a fraction of time to orchestrate something fun or special, it pays big dividends.
This game is so easy to pull together and I guarantee everyone will have a great time. All it takes is an organizer – that’s you! I know to some running a game during a family gathering feels like a risk. Especially with teenagers. They can push back. But once they get into the game, they’ll rally! And if they don’t, well, that’s OK too. Everyone else will have fun 🙂
Here are the instructions:
- Divide your group into teams of 3-4
- Read the first part of the challenge “Choose the person who is the biggest….”
- Each team picks a person and they come to the front.
- Next read the second part of the challenge “The person with the biggest…. Thumb. And you are going to thumb wrestle!”
- Give points for each team that wins and give prizes 🙂
HERE ARE A FEW OF THE CHALLENGES
The biggest… thumb (thumb wrestle)
The straightest… posture (book on head, one foot)
The fastest… drinker (cup of water)
The happiest… smile (don’t smile, don’t laugh)