Clue was my favorite game growing up. Who am I kidding? It still is! Who doesn’t love figuring out “who did it???” Professor Plum, with the revolver, in the library. YES!
So naturally, when I found myself with extra plum sauce, this was a natural. Had to be Professor Plum.
I love the flavor of plum coupled with something spicy or tangy. It balances the sweet of the plum and gives it an exotic flair. You can go either way with this recipe – Asian inspired or southwest infused. You can add ingredients to it according to which way you go. For example, up the jalapeños if going southwest, or add some hoisin sauce if going asian. Have fun with it!
And after your meal, of course, break out Clue…..Print
Professor Plum’s Chicken
- 4 plums (or plum sauce if you are like me and make it in summer) pitted and chopped
- 1/2 c. orange juice
- 1/4 c. soy sauce
- 1/4 c. rice wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 3 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. dry mustard
- 6 chicken breasts, or you can use drumsticks
- Place plums in a food processor and puree. Add OJ, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, garlic, sesame oil, jalapeño, ginger, salt and mustard. Process until smooth. Place chicken in a shallow pan and pour marinade over, reserving 1/2 c. to the side. Marinate at least 4 hours.
- Grill chicken over hot coals until done.
- Heat extra sauce in a saucepan until slightly thickens. Serve with chicken.
- Garnish with limes and extra plums quartered.