Steak sandwiches are a crowd pleaser, easy to make ahead of time, and satisfy the most hungry guest at the table. Don’t overlook this as one of your family staples.
This recipe uses Walla Walla Sweet Onions. Walla Walla is a darling little town not too far from where we live. It’s known for its quaint wineries and sunshine. If you can’t find these delicious onions, then any sweet onion will due.
When I think of steak sandwiches I especially think of fall football or march madness basketball games. My people love this meal during sports season.Print
Walla Walla Steak Sandwich with Horseradish Sauce
2 lbs. flank steak
- 3/4 c. beer
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 3/4 tsp. paprika
- 6 c. walla walla sweet onions, sliced 1/4 inch rings
- 1 c. sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. horseradish
- 1 Tbsp. parsley
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 c. butter
- 1 Tbsp. Italian Herbs
- 6 French Rolls
- Score both sides of the steak. Place in a covered container or Ziplock. Combine marinade ingredients and add to steak. Refrigerate 24 hours.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium low heat. Add paprika and onions and saute until onions are tender, about 20-25 min. Keep warm until ready to serve.
- Remove steak from marinade and grill 5 min. per side or until done. Slice steak thinly on the diagonal keep warm until ready to serve.
- Combine butter and Italian seasoning and spread onto rolls. Toast rolls briefly under broiler. To serve, place steak on rolls, top with onions, and sauce.
Enjoy the recipe from kristagilbert.com
- Serving Size: 6