Shrimp is one of my favorite meals to make because it is SO EASY. It takes on the flavor of whatever you cook it with and it cooks so fast. When I’m short on time, shrimp is my go-to meal. Most often I’m found pairing this seafood with garlic and ginger – they just go together!
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp. garlic
- 1 Tbsp. fresh ginger, minced
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 16 oz uncooked shrimp, deveined & peeled
- 2 tsp. corn starch
- 1/2 c. chicken broth
- 1/4 c. rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 6 green onions, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 c. snow peas
- 1 c. red bell pepper
- cooked white rice
- Combine marinade ingredients. Add shrimp and let stand 15 min.
- Place cornstarch in a bowl and gradually add chicken broth, stirring until cornstarch dissolves. Add vinegar, sugar, and 2 Tbsp. soy sauce.
- Heat a wok or large, heavy skillet. Add shrimp with marinade, onions, snow peas, and pepper. Stir fry until shrimp is pink, about 3 min. Add cornstarch mixture and stir fry until sauce thickens., about 1 min. Serve with rice.
Enjoy this recipe from kristagilbert.com!