If you want to wake people up in your home with warm smells from the kitchen, this is your recipe. While it looks like you have slaved over this non-traditional pancake recipe for an hour, truth is, you just whipped it up in less than 5 minutes in the blender (and it is so inexpensive to boot).
I love dutch babies because they feel special. I don’t know why, but they do. When I make them my kids say, “Wow, YUM Mom!” It must be the powdered sugar sprinkled over the top. I’m not sure, but this is as easy as it gets for breakfast fare.
You are well on your way to treating your family like valued guests with this winner.
Your family will feel like they went to bed and woke up in a Bed and Breakfast.
- 1/3 cup butter
- 5 large or extra large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- Powdered sugar
- maple syrup
- jam or fruit
- Pre-heat oven to 425F
- Put butter in a 9x13 inch baking dish or 9 inch cast iron skillet and set in 425F oven to melt. While butter is melting put the eggs in a blender and blend on high for 1 minute. Gradually add milk while blending.Then slowly add flour and continue to blend for 30 sec.
- Remove baking dish/skillet from oven once butter is melted and pour the batter into the buttery hot skillet.
- Bake in oven for appx 20-25 min. or until puffy and nicely browned.
- Remove, cut into wedges and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Additional Optional Toppings: Maple syrup, jam, baked apples with cinnamon and sugar, berries, whipping cream
This is Day #4 of the Treat Your Family Like Guests Series.