Let me start by saying that I am not a huge fish fan. I want to like it. I’m a Northwest girl. Fish is our thing! It’s healthy and good for me. My husband is a fly fisherman and catches trout, then makes it this big ritual to clean it, put it on the grill, and have it for breakfast. I know I should like fish, especially the ones he catches, but it’s just, well… not easy.
But then I tried this salmon recipe and DEVOURED it! Not kidding. Loved it so much. Which is not normal for me. I was in charge of our last cooking group and knew I needed to throw in a couple of fish options for summer. So I scoured my cookbooks, and eventually landed on one that I could modify a bit. This is the result.
So, for all of you fish-haters out there- even YOU may like this one! And for those of you who love salmon already…. well, to you it will be just a little slice of heaven.Print
Pacific Northwest Salmon Recipe
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter
- 1/3 c. brown sugar
- 1 center cut salmon fillet
- 3/4 t. crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 T. fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 c. honey
- 1 t. liquid smoke (optional)
- Mix all ingredients together and pour over salmon. Marinate 1 hour. Grill over hot coals, or broil in the oven for 10 min. or until the salmon flakes with a fork.
- *I know that is a whole lotta butter. You can cut it in half, replace with olive oil, or just go whole hog! Up to you!