Few ingredients + easy instructions = kids cookin’ up some yummies in the kitchen. My son and I made these birthday treats for his class. Word has it the kids gave these a five star rating!Print
Peanut Butter Rice Krispies Bars – Cooking with Kids
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups rice krispies
- 3 cups chocolate chips
- Grease a 9×13 pan, or line it with a silicone liner or parchment paper. Boil the corn syrup and sugars together in a saucepan over medium heat and stir to combine. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the peanut butter and mix thoroughly. Working quickly, stir in the vanilla and rice krispies. Spread into the pan.
- Using wet fingers, press the mixture firmly all around the pan. This will consolidate the treats a bit (which is what you want).
- When cooled, remove from the pans and cut into squares.