Looking for an easy, but homemade and creative gift to give neighbors, teachers, and friends? Try this Chocolate Tree as seen on Martha Stewart.
- Foam cone
- Tinsel garland (an 18-inch tree uses about 36 feet of garland)
- Pearl-head pins
- Chocolate squares of choice, still in wrapper (an 18-inch tree uses about 48 squares or approximately 3 bags)
- Craft knife
- Chocolate squares packaging
- Ruler or straightedge
- Bamboo skewer
Chocolate Tree How-To
- Begin by wrapping foam cone with tinsel garland until completely covered. Pin one end of garland to bottom edge and turn cone while wrapping. Secure in place with pins as needed.
- Using straight pins, attach chocolate squares to cone, starting at bottom edge and continuing to top in a spiral pattern.
- To create spray for top of tree, use a craft knife and straightedge to cut packaging into 1/4-inch strips.
- Use scissors to curl strips and attach to bamboo skewer with tape.
- Finish tree by inserting end of skewer into top of foam cone.